Hey, Nick here. I’m a fantasy author. Well, I’m about to be. My first novel, KINGS OF THE WYLD, is due out from Orbit U.S. in February 2017. I’m posting now for two reasons. Firstly, to get the ‘first post’ over and done with. Secondly, to tell you the kinds of things you can expect to see here on my blog.
Things You Will Very Probably Find Here
- Updates and news about my book(s). Unsurprising, I know.
- Thoughts/reflections/comments on writing in general.
- Me raving about books/authors I love/admire
- Mention of major life milestones. If I get married or win a trip to space, expect to hear about it.
- Me discussing video games. Because I like them, and it’s important to me that you like them too. I won’t stop talking about them until you do.
Things You Probably Won’t Find Here
- Me telling you what I ate for breakfast this morning. It was toast. See? Boring.
- Political/Religious rants. There’s nothing I love more than sharing a glass of wine (or beer, or whiskey) with someone and systematically dismantling their wack-job ideologies, but there is a time and place for such things. It’s called ‘Thanksgiving Dinner’.
- Me slagging off books/authors I don’t like. Unless one of them slags me off–then it’s all-out war. Also I really hope ‘slag’ means what I think it means.
Well, that’s it for now. If I think of something else I’ll be sure to amend the lists.
Thanks for reading,
6 thoughts on “Who the hell is Nicholas Eames?”
Have you ever considered creating an e-book or guest authoring on other
sites? I have a blog based upon on the same subjects you discuss and would love to
have you share some stories/information. I know my subscribers would enjoy your work.
If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.
Suggestion…don’t ruin the suspense of the first book in a series with the subsequent titles of books. I’m reading Kings of the Wyld and just found out the next book title is Bloody Rose. So guess what I know that Rose is rescued…thank you very much.
True, but Bloody Rose could just as easily be a prequel story about how she started a band and ended up in Castia. Also, if they DIDN’T rescue her I probably wouldn’t have bothered writing the story in the first place 😉 Who am I, George R.R. Martin?
I hope you enjoyed what remained of Kings of the Wyld!
Recently listened to Kigs of the Wyld and Bloody Rose on Amazon Audible… found them totally engrossing and immersive.
Thankyou for bringing monsters from my formative years back into mainstream literature. Ray Harryhoussen will be smiling ear to ear.
I have been waiting for book 3 of Rothfuss for years and in the interim have been reading fantasy novels that have not filled the gap for me. None measure up. Then Kings of the Wyld came along. There is purpose in my life once more. I look forward to evening again when I have a chance to read. Well done!
Thanks, Jeff! I appreciate you saying so!