Hey, Nick here. I’m a fantasy author. Well, I’m about to be. My first novel, KINGS OF THE WYLD, is due out from Orbit U.S. in February 2017. I’m posting now for two reasons. Firstly, to get the ‘first post’ over and done with. Secondly, to tell you the kinds of things you can expect to see here on my blog.
Things You Will Very Probably Find Here
- Updates and news about my book(s). Unsurprising, I know.
- Thoughts/reflections/comments on writing in general.
- Me raving about books/authors I love/admire
- Mention of major life milestones. If I get married or win a trip to space, expect to hear about it.
- Me discussing video games. Because I like them, and it’s important to me that you like them too. I won’t stop talking about them until you do.
Things You Probably Won’t Find Here
- Me telling you what I ate for breakfast this morning. It was toast. See? Boring.
- Political/Religious rants. There’s nothing I love more than sharing a glass of wine (or beer, or whiskey) with someone and systematically dismantling their wack-job ideologies, but there is a time and place for such things. It’s called ‘Thanksgiving Dinner’.
- Me slagging off books/authors I don’t like. Unless one of them slags me off–then it’s all-out war. Also I really hope ‘slag’ means what I think it means.
Well, that’s it for now. If I think of something else I’ll be sure to amend the lists.
Thanks for reading,